I am hoping that we can each post some quick thoughts on Cannery Row here on the blog by Sunday, May 9--Mother's Day. Remember, we're meeting Tuesday, May 11 at the usual time--6/7/8/9pm. I wish we could meet in Monterey, but alas, Skype will have to suffice! This will give us a day or two to read what others have written about the book and gather our thoughts. You don't have to post a full-blown review, but maybe a few thoughts, things you found interesting, or something you'd like to talk about with the group. You don't even have to write in complete sentences if you don't want to! :)
Thanks ladies! I'm looking forward to reading this with you!
PS: I just read that Ocean View Avenue in Monterey, the thinly disguised setting of the novel Cannery Row, was later re-named "Cannery Row" in honor of the book. I guess if your book is good enough (and you win the Nobel Prize) they will name a street after it!
No comments:
Post a Comment