December 17, 2010

Cristy's List

Jane Eyre (Can’t believe I’ve never read this. Always on my list and I never get to it.)

The Help (Sounds like a southern version of Remains of the Day. Highly recommended to me by some friends.)

The Screw tape Letters (Started a few years back and got busy with other things. Need to finish!)

The Good Earth (Read in High School thought it was fascinating. Always wanted to read it again.)

Vanity Fair (Not sure why I always have this on my list cause it’s really a sad story.)

Anna Karenina (Everyone says it’s a must read. So must read?)

Tale Of Two Cities or The Great Gatsby (I know Mer is reading like the Dickens, I’d be happy with either one. If we did The Great Gatsby we’d have to watch the film with Robert Redford. Swoon!)

Journey to the Center of the Earth (Jim’s favorite book. I kind of want to read it so he’ll read it with me.)

Treasure Island (I’ve actually never read this either! I think it would be fun to read it with Will over the summer or something.)

Another religious book. I loved reading the last one and talking with people about it, not even during book club!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Oh Cristy! Vanity Fair was seriously the very next book on my list! I debated. It's an excellent book and I think everyone would really enjoy it. For an "old" book, I think the story is extremely relevant. Ultimately, it is a sad story, but, as I recall, very hilarious in parts. (He uses the word "moustachios" and it made me laugh every time!)

Every time I go to Costco, I see a bunch of people buying The Help. I'm intrigued!

While A Tale of Two Cities is very good, I'd definitely be interested in The Great Gatsby (never read it).

I read Journey to the Center of the Earth in 10th grade and remember liking it. If we pick it, Jim could be an honorary discussion leader for that one! ;)

All of your choices sound great! Can't wait to see what Hil and Ivy want to read! :)