December 23, 2010

Ivy's Book Picks for 2011

THREE CUPS OF TEA, by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin

DECISION POINTS, by George W. Bush

THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO, by Stieg Larsson

MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA, by Arthur Golden

THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO, by Alexandre Dumas

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS, by Sara Gruen

SIDDHARTHA, by Hermann Hesse

THE STORY OF MY LIFE, by Helen Keller

The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun, by Gretchen Rubin

MARIE ANTOINETTE, THE JOURNEY, by Antonia Fraser

AN UNFINISHED LIFE: JOHN F. KENNEDY, 1917-1963, by Robert Dallek

3 comments:

Cristy said...

Oooo I like this list! Let's just do Ivy's picks. :)

ivyk said...

Whatevs Cristy! I just read yours after putting mine down and I love em!

Meredith said...

This IS a great list. I'd love to read all of these! Ok so, we have some options. Should we list all the duplicates and everyone gets 6 votes and we go with those that get the most votes (this is probably easiest)? OR because there are some fabulous books only listed once do we just list all the books and everyone gets 6 votes and we keep narrowing it down (this would probably mean voting multiple times) until we get 6 books (the one benefit to doing it this way is that it gives some books a second chance). Let me know what you all prefer and I'll post the poll. :)