I thought it would be interesting on occasion to post the latest list of NY Times Best Sellers. I'm always behind the times when it comes to reading the latest contemporary books, so I'm excited to actually be reading a book that's on the current list. Have any of you read any of the others? What did you think of them?
- DEAD RECKONING, by Charlaine Harris
- 10TH ANNIVERSARY, by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
- WATER FOR ELEPHANTS, by Sara Gruen
- SOMETHING BORROWED, by Emily Giffin
- THE HELP, by Kathryn Stockett
- HEAVEN IS FOR REAL, by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent
- BOSSYPANTS, by Tina Fey
- DOES THE NOISE IN MY HEAD BOTHER YOU?, by Steven Tyler
- STORIES I ONLY TELL MY FRIENDS, by Rob Lowe
- FROM THIS MOMENT ON, by Shania Twain
- DEAD RECKONING, by Charlaine Harris
- 10TH ANNIVERSARY, by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
- THE SIXTH MAN, by David Baldacci
- SIXKILL, by Robert B. Parker
- THE LAND OF PAINTED CAVES, by Jean M. Auel
- BOSSYPANTS, by Tina Fey
- DOES THE NOISE IN MY HEAD BOTHER YOU?, by Steven Tyler
- STORIES I ONLY TELL MY FRIENDS, by Rob Lowe
- IF YOU ASK ME, by Betty White
- SHE WALKS IN BEAUTY, selected and introduced by Caroline Kennedy
- WATER FOR ELEPHANTS, by Sara Gruen
- THE HELP, by Kathryn Stockett
- A VISIT FROM THE GOON SQUAD, by Jennifer Egan
- SOMETHING BORROWED, by Emily Giffin
- CUTTING FOR STONE, by Abraham Verghese
These lists are an expanded version of those appearing in the May 22, 2011 print edition of the Book Review, reflecting sales for the week ending May 7, 2011.
2 comments:
i read water for elephants, i didn't love it. It was ok, but there were a few chapters that i really could have done without. Alas, thus is the case with most bestsellers.
Although I'm enjoying the Help, cute little story so far.
Can we read the Shania Twain book, pleeease?!
Actually, I'm a nerd, but I've already started keeping track of my book nominations for next year. Ha.
Post a Comment