I finished The Help earlier this week. It took me a bit to get into, but overall I enjoyed it. I can see why it is so popular. It seems like the quintessential contemporary women's book club book because, well, it's about women, and there are some big issues within the book for discussion. I won't write more to avoid giving anything away, but I'm looking forward to our meeting.
I started Anna Karenina the other night and when Monsieur Packlight saw me reading it, he said I was not allowed to take it on our upcoming trip unless I cut out the few chapters that I would actually read (We saw commuters in Paris do this all the time). Would you do it? Could you do it? Or, should I just take a shorter book? Dilemma...
One more question: What is your typical reading schedule? Do you have one? I always read between 10pm-12am (usually not that late though!). Are any of you up at that time? We could do an Anna Karenina readers' theater, haha.

3 comments:
I read whenever I think about it. Which isnt a lot. Im really enjoying anna karenina when I remember to read it. But yeah, usually its late.
btw, where are you going now?
I hope youre in ut the first week of july bc i think thats when im coming :)
We are going to Las Vegas for a couple of days. I am counting the days until you come to Utah, Hil! I'm enjoying Anna as well. I'm only a few pages into it, but I'm already impressed by the characterization. Yes, reading late is the trend around here...when everyone else is asleep!
I decided my copy of Anna is too pretty to cut up. I'll either have to be sneaky when I pack, or take a book that doesn't weigh as much as a sack of flour.
I have to laugh because I read at the leisurely time of around 8pm.
I know, I know, I can hear you all snickering thinking how much that'll change! :)
Post a Comment