I started
The Great Gatsby. We are in for a treat because the prose is
excellent. Holy cow, beautiful writing! I'm kind of obsessed with it at the moment. There is something so wonderful about reading a book where you can just
tell that the author thought about every single word. I will have to post a photo of the old copy I am reading because the cover is seriously
so ugly, haha. I was reading it in a waiting room the other day and I almost felt self-conscious about reading it in public. I kept telling myself that vintage is cool...right? Well, let's be honest.
Sometimes vintage is cool. But, when the cover is ugly and the pages are yellow and smelly, vintage is not so cool. However, getting to read my dad's college notes penciled in the margins as I go is pretty cool.
Fortunately, there are a lot of
other really cool covers for this book out there. Here are a few:
Front:
Back:
Classic:
And, guess what?
Baz Luhrmann is doing a film of The Great Gatsby and has cast Leonardo DiCaprio and Carey Mulligan as Gatsby and Daisy. I'm excited about this!
No comments:
Post a Comment