January 7, 2013

I finished The Light Between Oceans

its a quick read, and after reading The Woman in White, Anna Karenina, The Secret Garden, and gearing up for Passage to India, I needed a break from England (and Russia) so I settled for Australia.  haha.

Anyway, I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the book.  It was a real tear-jerker for me, I think I cried twice?  Its a really quick read and although the content in kinda heavy, the story line moves quickly.  I found it hard to put down (as evidenced by the fact that I read it in 2 days).  I suppose this is what happens when TV goes on a holiday break!

I'm not sure how I feel about the ending though.  Maybe I like it.  The story completely engulfed me for two days that I feel like the ending should have been different, although it was a tough situation to resolve.  I won't say anything more!  

Excited to talk to you about it.  I think you will all really like it. It really makes you think about how one decision can change so many lives! One incident can mend a broken family and break another at the same time.

Promise I'll start Passage to India tonight!

No comments: