I finally saw this movie. I know I was somewhat critical of certain aspects of the book when we met for book club, but perhaps waiting so long to see the film allowed me enough distance to really enjoy it. I loved Sissy Spacek!
Have you seen it? What did you think? Have you seen any other fun movies recently?
3 comments:
I saw The Help with my Portland Bookclub girls when it came to the theater. I thought it was OK. I had the same response to the movie I did to the book. Actually, I think I liked the movie better too since I knew going in not to expect it to be Remains Of The Day. ;)
I've seen 3 movies over the Holidays: Hugo, MI: Ghost Protocol, and just saw Tintin. All three I highly recommend, even seeing on the big screen, and all for different reasons. If you only see one movie this season in the theater, I'd have to say (this is hard cause they are all so good) go see Tintin. It is so amazing seeing all they did with the computer animation, on top of the fact that it is such an amazing group that came together to make it (both Peter Jackson and Steven Speilberg) which is reflected in the great characterization and story line. I grew up reading Tintin so it was super fun to see how it was interpreted. I really really loved it.
I've yet to see Sherlock Holmes but my family (who I have similar taste) say it was OK and that most people are raving about it since it's dumbed down compared to the first one so more people can understand it. Disappointing. I might just wait till it comes out on DVD.
No, The Help is definitely not The Remains of the Day, haha. I'm actually reading that book right now and the writing so great. I'd highly recommend it.
Baptiste fell asleep during the new Sherlock Holmes and that is NOT a good sign, haha. I don't think I'll see it because I love the books so much and I did not like the last Sherlock Holmes movie at all. Actually, I don't really care for Robert Downey Jr. in general (not even as Ironman).
I'm excited to see Tintin and Hugo. Baptiste also said that MI was really good.
I think my favorite films of 2011 were Midnight in Paris and The Tree of Life, with Jane Eyre as a runner up. Can't wait for The Great Gatsby and The Hobbit in 2010! :)
Make that 2012.
Post a Comment